Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lightness of Being

I'm trying to find my feet this week. It's already Wednesday, and I feel I've accomplished nothing. Monday was a snow day. I was able to write some things then. The rest of my week has been eaten by teaching. Teaching is something I must do right now for money, but it is extremely time consuming and demoralizing. I don't feel confident in the material I'm teaching. I'm not getting a masters in composition. I think it would be different if I were teaching creative writing.

What would I do if I were in Texas tomorrow? Have pizza and a beer and watch a movie at the Draft House. Walk around in the woods. Have a bonfire. Try something new but be comfortable too.

I will be there a week from tomorrow! Goodbye snow.

1 comment:

  1. we are twins in this arena---my grammar class makes my insides lurch. ugh. i do though have the writing class, but my passion is thwarted by students who don't attend class regularly. i get all excited about my ideas and then end up in a nearly empty classroom. my skin, i must make it thicker.

    ReplyDelete